Re: Metrification of the USA

In AD#1383 Bob Brady wrote:

> One final note: I think the lowest point in automotive hardware was in
> the 80's when you could routinely find both metric and English sizes on
>  a US made vehicle.

You probably still can.  This is certainly the case in my 94 Camaro Z28.  This
is what comes of having a motor derived from a 50's design (SBC - small block
Chevy) in a modern vehicle.  You have to be extra careful to find the tool that
fits perfectly to avoid destroying bolt heads, etc.

> ps.  I'm still annoyed by the fact that metric hardware is more
> expensive and harder to find for our cars even though it seems to have
> become the norm on domestic vehicles...

Tell me about it...  It also annoys me that the only car I need English size
tools on is the Chevy.  My other cars are all metric (VW and Alfa).  Almost
doubles my socket set outlay :(.

Dave J.
1982 GTV-6

(First post from new email addy, so hope nothing is screwed up.  Finally managed
to resubscr!be with the new email, although the address still works so I've been
in forced "lurker" mode!).