Oil filter change - Spider

Hi Alfanatics. I picked up an '88 Spider Quad last
September which (knock, knock, knock) has been a trouble free daily
driver ever since. I've joined this list a few days ago and have been
lurking and learning since. Since the purchase, I have replaced much of
the braking system hardware and fluid (although I was unable to locate
the bleeder valve for the clutch reservoir). Would someone be kind
enough to help me (my apologies for the newbie question) find the oil
filter as I would like to change both the oil and filter. I have a
service manual but it doesn't make any reference to the location of the
filter housing. It's probably in such an obvious place that I'm
completely overlooking it. Any help would be appreciated.

		Thanks,
		Rob
		'88 Spider