3.0 piston and liners into 2.5 V6

I am about to buy a 2.5 litre Alfa 6 sedan with a damaged piston and =
bent rod.  I have been offered a s/h set of pistons and liners from a =
3.0 litre 164. =20

Does anyone know if the 3.0 liners and pistons will fit in the 2.5 =
block, retaining the standard rods etc?

If the block needs to be modified, what is involved?

Is there any info about this conversion on the net or in the archives =
that someone could point me to?

I still need to find a s/h rod.  Does anyone know of one for sale, =
preferably in NZ or Oz?

Thanks

Bruce Harrison
Gisborne