Door trim fasteners

Bill wrote:

<<Does anybody know the size of the Phillips headed bolts that are used to
hold the armrests to the door on a 2000 Spider ('83)? >>

I don't know if the '82 door trim differs from the '86, but are you sure
they were bolts?  My '86 just used Philips-head sheet metal screws, which
(with a bit of wiggling) go through the armrest into green plastic blocks on
the door skin brackets.  I found replacements at the local Eagles/Lowes
(they have a great selection of metric fasteners of all kinds).  Can't
remember what official size they are, since I just matched them from the old
ones, but the spares I have are 25mm/1 inch long, and have a thread diameter
of 4mm.  They're a little thicker than the longer screws that hold the trim
on at the rear (under the reflector) and just above the door pocket, which
measure 30mm by 3mm thread diameter.

Good luck!

Jon Inge
86 Spider Veloce "Arturo"