87 graduate not starting

First, I'll admit that I am not the brightest auto mechanic.....

Now the problem:
I parked my 87 graduate in the garage.  I went out to drive it about
a 7-10 days later and it will not start.  The starter turns very strongly,
but the engine will not start running.

What I know:
The battery is fine and car has plenty of fuel ;-)
The service manual says "check the ignition system, then the relay
set"

What I need to know:
* How do I check the distributor and coils without damaging the ignition
   and injection control units?
* Where the heck is the "relay set"?  It's marked S2 in my wiring diagram
   but I can find it on any of the pictures of the car to locate it.
* Any other common culprits I can check?

Thanks a bunch.
JW

J.W. Bruce, Associate Editor of IEEE Potentials
University of Nevada Las Vegas
4505 Maryland Parkway, MS 454026
Las Vegas, NV 89154-4026

email: jwbruce@domain.elided -OR- jwbruce@domain.elided
web:   http://www.ee.unlv.edu/~jwbruce
phone: 702.895.1374           fax: 702.895.4075