<< Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:46:08 -0800 (PST)
 From: John W <johnwsf@domain.elided>
 Subject: 1750 GTV (1969) Heater Fan Noise

 Another brain teaser for the collective wisdom of the
 digesti.  My 1969 GTV has started making funny noises
 when I either a) turn the blower on, or b) start
 registering speeds of 80-100 mph.  I know that the
 sound is coming from the heater box/blower unit and
 believe it is either something caught in the blower or
 a bearing of somesort being shot.  This produces a
 lovely screeeccchhhing sound that raises the hair on
 the back of my neck and causes me to drop my
 speed/turn off the blower.  Any thoughts or words of
 wisdom?  I really hate having to throttle back....   >>