RE: Spider Interior Lights and Door Chime Help

Hal:

Thanks for the help with the interior courtesy lights.  I got them working
today, but only at the constant on position.  This fix was easy since both
switches didn't have any bulbs.  I had two extra bulbs in the glove box, but
now I am wondering if the bulbs were originally from these lights and why
they were taken out.  Perhaps the previous owner left the lights on and the
battery died.  My next job will be to clean the door jam switches since
neither door switch seems to work.  I was also able to get the glove box
light working once or twice along with the rear fog lights (both didn't work
before), but now they have stopped working again.  Hopefully the contacts
just need a good cleaning.

One thing that I did have problems with when checking the lights was with
the fuse box.  While each slot has a fuse installed in it, the amps for each
fuse do not match that of the manual.  In other words, if the manual shows
fuses # 3, 4, 5, and 6 as all having 7.5 amp fuses, I have 10 amp and 7.5
amp fuses mixed together.  Should I make sure that each fuse has the proper
fuse rating as per my manual?  Another mystery with the fuse box is that of
the relays.  The manual makes no mention of any relays, but the fuse box has
room for 5-6 relays.  My fuse box has about 2 relays installed with a fuse
in each relay, and has 3-4 blanks with no relays installed.  Any idea what
the relays are for (I have a 1990 Graduate without power windows) and why I
have blank slots?  There is a relay in my glove box, but I have no idea what
it's for.  Someone must have played with the fuse box because the black
cover that covers the relays was in the trunk.  I have since reinstalled the
cover so it properly covers the relays.   One last thing, the manual
mentions a light that is suppose to be in the fuse box.  I noticed a slot
where a bulb may pop in, but before I do, is this slot for a bulb?
Thanks again for your help.
Ken