Re: alfa-digest V7 #1364

In a message dated 02/17/2000 10:42:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< "Barrett, Jim" <JiBarrett@domain.elided>
 Subject: Gassy mileage

 In no particular order, and probably not the best of tuning:
 '73 spider (SPICA)- usually 15 mpg
 '82 GTV6- barely 15 mpg
 '65 AC Cobra (289)- a hearty 15 mpg

Not to be cute or too personal, but how much do you WEIGH, Jim?

My old SPICA 71 spider got around 25 US mpg tooling around town and 32 US mpg
at freeway speeds and was only a little lighter and less encumbered than your
later car...

My 84 GTV6 w/ 135k miles (catching up to 'Nardo but slowly) gets around 22
around town and has delivered as much as 32 (typically around 30) on the open
road at 80 mph w/ 2 small passengers (total wt: 245 lbs) and a weekend's
luggage aboard.

Better check that tuning and your tire pressure, something is putting a drag
on things at your place.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA