Alfa with a Thump

Thanks to all who replied off and on line to my Alfa with a thump, to be
more precise, THUMP, Thump, thump.

The consensus is that it is the universal joints.  I will have these, and
the rubber parts of the transmission mounts replaced this spring, that is
when the 3 ft of snow we have melts and the heavy rains come to wash the
salt off the road.  I will let you know the results some time in early May
(I hope).

Regards
Kim
79 Spider

P.S. I went to the Linea Rossa web site and noticed that a lot of trim parts
were marked for spiders or 105 series cars up to 1978.  I have seen many of
the mid 1970's spiders and haven't noticed much if any difference between
those interiors and the interior of my 1979 spider.  Is there really any
difference other than, say, black heater bezel vs. chrome?
Centre for Economic Analysis - Canada Inc.
http://www.home.istar.ca/~boydell
On the move, address changing weekly.