re: 91 Spider Airbag Light

Robert,

I also have a '91 Spider with the same problems.

As far as the airbag light goes, if there is a fault
detected in your circuit the light will blink for several
minutes then turn ON.  If the diagnostics were completed
and you went thru the 3 sec power off, 3 sec on, disconnect
and off, then after at least a ten second wait before
turning the ignition on, the light should go on for several
seconds then go off.  If it immediately starts to blink
when turning the ignition on then the reset sequence did
not work.  (that's where mine is now)  If it goes on for
several seconds then starts to blink, a fault still exists
in the system.  Either way, if you have a fault in the
system it is normal for the light to blink for a few
minutes then turn on.  If the reset worked, its supposed to
turn on for several seconds (not blink) then turn off.
I believe I understand the system well enough, but I am
obviously missing something 'cause I can't get mine to
reset.  I even tried a variation of the sequence that was
suggested to me by Pasquale of Ferrari of Seattle.   If
anyone has any suggestions, please post them.  I too would
appreciate the help.

Your warning bell was an easy one.  It's the same circuit
that detects door open with the key in.  Check the lower
switch in the driver's side door jam.  Mine had rotated
slightly and was contacting intermitently causing the same
symptoms as yours.  I just rotated mine back and tightened
the screw, no more problems.

Good luck,
Fred
91 Spider