Re: MPG

Hmm. It's too long ago for me to remember for sure, but I seem to
recall clocking 32 MPG on a long highway drive from Scarsdale, NY to
Putney, VT in 1975 with a '71 Spider 1750 Veloce. It had a rebuilt
engine with a milled head, a Carillo cam kit and was otherwise stock.

My FrankenSpider ('79 car, lightweight bumpers, '82 Bosch EFI engine
with 10.4:1 pistons, otherwise mostly stock in a Quasimodo sort of
way) turned 34 MPG in one leg of last October's jaunt down to San
Luis Obispo and back. (Of course, on the  fun run through the
mountain roads from Hwy 43 to the coast, I managed to drive the
mileage down to 18 MPG ... holding 5000-6000 rpm for 100 miles in
3-4-5 gears does use a bit more fuel than cruising... :)

Neither car proved particularly difficult to service, but I'd say the
Bosch injected car has an edge on the webers and the webers have an
edge on the SPICA when it comes to doing maintenance. Of course, the
SPICA tends to need a bit less maintenance than the Webers do, so
it's a trade off.

Godfrey