milano ignition removal

Greetings,

 The ignition switch just failed in my milano and I need to remove it. It =
acts like I have the wrong key so I suspect I can fix it if I can get the =
lock mechanism out. I seem to remember reading that when I get the covers =
off and go to remove the lock mechanism there is a pin to pound out or she=
ar the head off of, or some such thing.=20

Can someone who has removed the lock mechanism tell me if this is true or =
does the lock mechanism come out by removing bolts, screws or clips?

thanks in advance

Phil Williams
3 spiders and a platinum