Re: Snow'n Alfas

grizzo@domain.elided wrote:

> Jorge
> <<So, what should I do?  What do you guys in the snow suggest?  I like my
> Alfas low, so chains are hard to get and always make the clank-clank noise
> no matter how tight, and on heavy now, I hit snow with the exhaust all the
> time.>>

A while back, I mentioned new snows I'd put on my 164: Nokian Hakkapeliitta's.  I've
had some time to evaluate them, and I like them very much.  (And the front of my 164
is lowered, too, BTW.)

They're a little more than the Bridgestone Bizzaks and the Michelin Artic Alpines,
but worth it.  Nokian's are made in Finland - the tire store guy told me they do all
their testing up in the arctic circle, so they can test year-round.  Seems to have
paid off.  I have the Q's (non studded), 205 55 16 - on snow, ice, wet roads -
excellent.  We like them so much, we named a cat we adopted (off the streets of
Hartford) after them: Ecatrina Nokianhakkapeliitta.  Lot of fun first time at the
vet.

~ Doug