Re: Cigarette Lighter outlet

It sounds like you do have some sort of problem. I run one of these
pumps for my '67 GTV and my '62 Giulietta Spider. The GTV uses 8A
fuses, I believe. Did it sound like the pump was running slowly, or
struggling before the fuse blew? The thing about electric motors is
that if they don't get full voltage, they might actually draw more
current than when fed properly. If there isn't a separate ground wire
for the lighter socket, add one. Run it up to something solid under
the dash. Make sure you use 14 gauge, or even 12 gauge wire. Check
the wire terminals at the socket, and check the 12V supply wire at
the other end, if possible.