Pleading for Asylum

Dear fellow lunatics,

Let me say this about that. I'm honoured to be considered a member of this
asylum, however our eccentric and divergent (not to say divers and diverse)
views may strike you all. Or should that be y'all?

t'anks doug for pointing out the mutual insanity society we have going
here, really puts things in perspective.

On the Tyre/Tire threads, please don't expect a good high performance tire
like a Pirelli P6000 to handle snow. Heck, even snow tires often don't
handle snow. We have a couple of feet here right now, with ice fog in the
morning just to coat the gravel with ice. No snow tire can do more than
keep you out of the ditch in weather like this, all season tires are just
an unkind joke.

Pirelli makes great snow tires also, but don't expect both characteristics
from one tire. BTW, Toyo Proxes have been touted a bunch, so have Toyo snow
tires. I have a set of Toyo G3  snow tires (whatever that means) on a SAAB
Aero I just acquired, and frankly they don't live up to the billing. If the
Toyo summers are as far short of their billing, I'm sticking with Pirelli
(yes, I said sticking). The Pirelli PZero is OEM on a lot of very high
performance cars these days.

  New set of Pirelli 210A Asimmetricos (snow tires) are going on the 164
tomorrow, replacing the very good 210P no longer available (hope Pirelli
knew what it was doing "improving" on that great tire). the 210P got chewed
up by the negative camber on my 164.... I figure I got about 15,000 miles
out of them!!?#*#$%!!

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada