164 Brake Light Problems and Keyless entry

Hi all,

I have two questions about my 94 164 LS

1.  I ordered a keyless remote from Alfa Parts in berkely, but it is
definetly the radio one rather than the infra-red one that I need.  They
tell me that this supercedes all remotes and is supposed to work.  Is that
true?  Will a radio remote work on a infra-red system.  I have the code to
my keyless entry system and put it is as per the technical supp that one of
you directed me to.  However, it will not memorize this remote.

So anyway, if this is not the right remote, where can I get one of the
infra-red ones?

2.  My left tail light is out.  It is obviously not the light bulbs or relay
but I guess it is the controller that turns it on.  The left turn signal
works while the brakes are on, but the tail light itself will not come on.
Where is this controlled in the car, and is it easy to replace?  It is not
in the same place as the 1991-1993 164's.

Thanks in advance

Todd Boyer
91 164
94 164 LS