Things change, darnit !

Zamani, you have it right in my eyes.

>>In the last 2 posts you pretty much summed up what I had in mind. Audis
make great cars, but it lacks the soul and image I am looking for.<<

It lacks attitude. "Refinement" or whatever the definition might be, will
only go on. Like you, I prefer the rawness of our Alfas. The Audi takes over
the mundane every chores so that I can enjoy my Alfa on special roads or
occasions. This way I can savor the Alfa longer:-)

>> It's strange that I prefer the
older models of other makes (i.e. Quattro Coupe RS2, E30 M3), but grow
to like newer Alfas....I must be an Alfa bigot...<<

Nah. I love the UR quattros, 4000 series, 16 valve Pugs and 16 valve Cosworth
Mercs. Came THIS close to getting a  ( converted to uro spec ) Merc. Also am
absolutely in lust for the sound of the Porsche 928 S4. Drool.

>> I'm not too concerned about having the fastest car
because there will always be a faster one.<<

Who gives a rats patootie about the fastest car ? Who is having the most fun
? A nice spring day with the windows down and lots of chances to downshift
and accelerate is my idea of fun. We already know we have the better car,
right ;-) ?

>>Besides I really suck when
the roads are wet (time to get an Audi? Naaahhh 8-) ), <<

Just get Dunlop SP 9000. Good in rain, dry and noise suppression. Track ?
don't know.

>>Zamani
75 3.0 (now with S-cams, WOW!)<<

Seems I had S-Cams all along ( for 9 years - no wonder my other Verde was
torquey ) and didn't know,
April