Re: No Sports Cars in the US

Michael wrote: "Welcome to the world's most boring automotive
market...the good ole US of A, why have you done this to yourselves? And
to head off those Canada's just as bad flames, we did it because we had
to. No one would make a Canadian Spec only model..well except maybe
Lada, or Volvo. Once the US started mandating standards for cars, Canada
had no choice if it wanted to buy anything but made in Canada American
cars (we build the best US built cars in North America!)"

Ummm, why does Canada require manufacturers to import "Canadian Spec"
cars?  Seems to me, Canada could opt to allow any imports into their
country, if they wanted to, just like the US, which of course does not
:(  Historically, many countries have put up special requirements for
imports (remember the amber lights requirement for French cars?).  It
seems like things are getting better as the major manufacturers become
more global.  I'm not sure that this will translate into more
interesting cars for US roads however...... we'll see.

Me, I'm waiting for an Elise or a Subaru WRX turbo.  No offense, but I
was not impressed with the 156 I drove a couple of years ago.  The
current offerings by Alfa don't excite me much.

bob brady, dvaroc
'74 gtv
'88 verde