Rattling Spider Response Summary

Since I re-intiated the rattling spider thread, I thought perhaps it
might be a useful service to compile the responses, for anyone else who
might be experiencing Rattley Spider Syndrome.  Here they are:

- - Drive shaft pilot bushing at transmission output shaft.

- - Rubber around driveshaft intermediate bearing

- - Sump gaurd rattling against sump

- - Support between intake and motor mount

- - A/C return line passing through firewall

- - Exhaust: Support bracket at transmission

- - Exhaust: Hairline fracture in front section

- - Exhaust: Catalytic converter heat shield

I've haven't tracked my rattle down yet, but on my car, I've ruled out
most of these.  I'm fairly certain it's nowhere in the exhaust, and as I
don't have a sump gaurd, it's probably not there, either...

Most likely candidates are those involving the driveshaft, and I'm
starting to notice a nagging ache, right in the area of my checkbook.

Good luck to anyone else experienceing rattles (I hope this helps) and a
BIG thanks to everybody who took the time to offer any suggestion!

Hal Taylor
'86 spider veloce "Strega" (still hoarse)