The Yachting/Anti-American Rant Digest

     Michael Smith writes:

     >By now everyone who is interested will know that the Italians blew
     >the Americans out of the water on the Hauraki Gulf in New Zealand.
     >AmericaOne was VERY lucky to win any races, no matter what the 5-4
     >margin appears to indicate. The Italians were just faster and
     >smarter. The US team got lucky, beating the Italians soundly only
     >once when, unaccountably, the Italian afterguard went brain dead on
     >the first beat. Prada will challenge New Zealand for the America's
     >Cup.

     >   America is falling behind... even though an American coached the
     >Italians, an American helped design their boat, etc etc , the world
     >is shrinking and the US is showing signs of withdrawing from the
     >competition. BTW, the Americans had several "foreigners" on their
     >teams as well, including a couple of New Zealanders, one a helmsman
     >and another a strategist.... hmmmm.

     Funny...I thought this was the Alfa Digest, not the Yachting and Lets
     Bash America Digest. I happen to find find your virulent anti-American
     rants on this forum boorish. Oh BTW.....did you happen to see all
     those lovely Dodge Vipers "falling behind" your world beating Italian
     and German machines last weekend at Daytona.....don't believe they
     were SUV's either.

     Ciao for now.

     Kevin Fillip
     Dallas, Texas