Bonneville 2000 Update

Alfisti -

Work has begun on this year's Bonneville entries on a much grander scale.  To
describe the effort as "ambitious" would be an understatement.

"Bonnie," the 1991 Spider, is back at the body shop for a complete facelift.
New front wheels have been ordered with severe negative offset to bring in
the front track. Bonnie's nose will be lowered and narrowed to further reduce
frontal area.  The opening for the air-to-air intercooler will be eliminated
completely.

"Bonnetta," the 1979 Alfetta, is at Arrigo Metal Specialties getting a full
roll cage fabricated before it makes the trip to the body shop.  Although its
body will remain essentially stock appearing, its drivetrain will have a few
radical surprises.

Jim Steck of Auto Components is in the process of constructing our ice water
cooled water-to-air intercooler/intake manifold for both blown motors.  Each
car will carry what amounts to a "live well" tank and 12 volt pump to
circulate ice water through the intercooler.  Jim is also adapting an
Electromotive fully programmable engine management system for both cars to
offer onsite laptop tuning.

Both blown motors are being freshened and fitted with Vortech
centrifugal-type blowers (replacing the Eaton roots-type from last year).
Our goal is to get at least 20 lbs of boost and achieve at least 300 HP for
the 1479 motor and close to 400 HP from the 2.0 litre.  Optimistic?  You
betcha!!

Jack Beck of Orion Engineering has been recruited to rework the 1600 head for
the normally aspirated 1479 and the twin spark head for the n/a 2.0 litre.
Jack will also assist in the final tuning of all the motors at his dyno
facility as work progresses.

We hope to have pictures of the 'works in progress' posted soon.......  Stay
tuned.

Darren Besic
Mike Besic of Besic Motorsports