Re: I would import the sedans

Here in .dk Alfa has picked up tremendously.

Alfas are pretty expensive here (as are all cars by the way due to a
180% registration tax - oh and a 25% sales tax too which is applied to
the 180% registration tax - imagine that; paying tax on taxes :-)

Amazingly though the 156 has sold in huge numbers here. I have come to
the point where I don't want one because they are too common. In the
company where I work with about 100 employees we have 3 156, a 145, a 75
and my GT 1600 Jr - oh and a Maser Biturbo - sweet.

In the streets you constantly see the 156, 146, 145 and now even quite a
few 166 even though they are immensely expensive and only for the
affluent CEO types. It was clear by the way at year's end that quite a
few of the business people changed cars (biannual shuffle I think) and
many got 166 in stead of MBs or BMWs.

However - the Spider and Coupe is VERY rare indeed. I think the only new
Spider in town lives in my street - a nice black example which could do
with some TLC. The Coupe is slightly more common (because of the climate
here and the price) but only slightly so.

I think that the Alfa comeback is largely due to making a beautiful,
practical, fast quality car which simply oozes style and driving
pleasure for anybody to recognize.

Move over German practicality and engineering, move over Swedish safety
- - the Italians managed to combine the whole shabang in a complete
package which sells.

Jacob Haagerup

'75 GT 1600 Junior (1750 engine)