miscellany from V7 #1328

Richard -- The "guy in Florida" is Steve Piantieri.  He lives in Orlando and
is now racing trucks.  I think his website is
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/spiantieri

Ken -- I don't think it is necessary to wash and rinse Alfa (or any other
cars) with just a bucket and a sponge.  I do prefer to use a hose without a
nozzle on it, so the water comes out as a stream and not as a spray.  I try
to do that on all my cars.  One also is able to direct the water more
precisely that way.  I started with Zymol on my Spider when I got it four
years ago.  About two years ago I switched to Meguiar's and I'm very happy
with the result.  Multiple steps to get a nice durable shine, but I think
it's worth it.  I especially like to carry a spray bottle of their "Quick
Detail" on short road trips.  It does a nice job of restoring the shine after
a quick Italian Tune Up.

Rick --  I suggest you concentrate your search on an Alfa "Spider."  I don't
think you will find a Spyder, unless it it made by P*rsche or Mitsubishi.
Seriously - You won't find new ones in the US (typically) and I suggest you
start your research on the web with the Spider FAQ or other such sites that
you can link to from Colin Verilli's or Jim Hayes' site.  There is a wealth
of information out there.

Gordy Hyde
NWARC
on the edge of Seattle