Oil in Coolant = Burst Heater Return Hose

Hi,

I suppose I should have looked into this sooner but it always seemed minor
enough to wait till it got worse, which it did...

I've been finding traces of oil goo on the radiator cap spring of my 1750
Spider for quite a while, just traces, and thankfully never any sign of water
in the oil. Apparently enough oil has circulated thru the cooling system to
weaken the heater return hose. I will be replacing this hose immediately, and
closely checking the other hoses. Any recommendations for cooling system
cleaners? Procedures? I've heard horror stories of some products ruining
water pumps.

The radiator most likely needs a remove and cleanout at the radiator shop but
before I do this I would like to investigate and repair the possible causes
of these traces of oil in the coolant. Seems like it calls for head removal?

I've always been extra careful to baby the loud pedal until the engine is
completely up to opereting temp, so I'm guessing it's the o-ring(s).

The last time the head gasket was replaced was 36k miles ago, by an
established shop.

PS, If I do end up removing the head, is it possible to install new pistons,
rings & liners from the top? (Visibly burns oil sometimes during WOT takeoff
in first) Any brand recommendations? Special tools?

Many Thanks,

- --Caxambu
1969 Spider 1750
Seattle WA