Re: alfa-digest V7 #1325

At 1:35 PM 2/4/00, Pottree@domain.elided wrote:
>In a message dated 02/04/2000 1:20:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:
>
><< I rea somewhere that it is possible to purchase higher voltage - voltage
> >regulators. Does anyone know where? >>
>

>I had a higher voltage regulator put on the Milano and as I recall it was
>(gasp!) made originally for a plain old American car such as a Ford or Chevy.
> I don't think the electricity knew the difference so don't let the secret
>get back to the car, now at a good new home.

I have found and used ADJUSTABLE, solid state regulators. Don't remember
whose or for what, but an inquiry at any quality, specialized auto electric
shop should turn something up. Generally, they will have a small set screw,
and you would need a decent quality digital voltmeter to adjust one
correctly.

With such a regulator, my preference is to set to turn on the headlights,
with the engine running, and revved up a bit, and set the voltage to the
headlight bulb mfgr's  specified ideal voltage AT THE HEADLIGHT CONNECTOR
PINS!

Greg