Re: AUDI ACCELERATION

In a message dated 2/3/00 12:12:43 Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 I'm amazed that knowledgeable autophiles still hang on to the UI
 craze of the 80s as if it was Audi's fault, just like some hang on to
 the idea that Alfas are unreliable. They are both superb automobiles,
 and I'm very lucky to have experienced both.

This reminds me of the time I dropped my car off in New York City in a public
garage. They had one of those receipt cards with the car makes listed  on it,
(i.e. Buick, Cadillac, Dodge, etc) and in bold type the words "AUDI - DANGER"
was printed. I wondered what genius at the printer had these made up, and
what service he thought he was doing for the general public by stating this.
Audi should have sued the pants off 60 Minutes when they did their hatchet
job.
 Finally, there was a recent article in the Wall Street Journal about
unintended acceleration. It turns out the US Department of Transportation has
a dedicated public servant who has investigated this phenomenon for years.
The only case he ever found in over twenty years of field work was on recent
Ford police cars that had some non factory gumball lights installed, that
were somehow affecting these cars.

Don