Re: alfa-digest V7 #1319

Nancy Barnes asked in AD1319:

>   I just had a valve job done on my 88 spider graduate and it is running
>  great. We actually sent it to centerline and had all new valves installed.
>  The problem I am having is this; The accelerator seems to be almost
>  sticking. When you push down on the pedal it seems to be very hard to push
>  and then it will finally accelerate. Anyone have any ideas about what might
>  be causing this? Thanks for any advice.

I had exactly the same problem with the accelerator on my 86 Spider. Just
squirted oil on every joint of the linkage. While things loosened up a bit, I
didn't get a completely smooth pedal until I poured on another dose or two at
the linkage joints where they pass through the throttle body. Perfect ever
since.

Bob Rice
Tampa
86 Spider