Alfa Spider Carpet at Handbrake

I am preparing to replace the carpet in my '78 Spider.  The kit I received
from Caribou has no special provisions for the handbrake, (I am supposed to
cut an opening in the carpet to allow the lever to poke through) whereas the
existing aftermarket carpet installed by a long ago PO has a molded rubber
handbrake boot sewn into the carpet.

I bought a leather handbrake boot (more like a cover) from International
that snaps onto mating fasteners that screw into the floor.

My question - is there any additional weather seals etc. that I need?

Or is there a better OEM way of doing this?

Thanks,
Roger Hambro
'78 Spider
Pittsburgh, PA