I Got It! I Got It! Back In the Alfa Saddle Again

After selling my Milano Verde last February,  I vascillated between a
Lincoln LS 3.0 5 speed and a 164 for my next purchase.  But, it couldn't be
any 164,  I wanted an L with a moonroof and 5 speed,  or an S but either had
to have low miles and be a USA west coast car.  So, last week on
recycler.com, what shows-up?  A '91 S 5 speed with 67000 miles, residing in
Orange Co., CA, always garaged, with all of the typical "fly's in the
ointment" (steering rack, stepper motors) recently replaced. Red with the
Recaro seat option also.  I jumped on it as it seems such an example is
often in demand in Alfa Romeo enthusiast circles.  The now P.O. is shocked
at the sudden demand from one ad and his mechanics garage.  A mechanic at
the independent inspectors garage in Costa Mesa I hired is also interested
in the car but, it's too late  ;-). Saturday the P.O. drives the car the 392
miles between his house and mine.  His wife has followed him up in her new
'00 Cougar. She voices her reluctance to see the car leave her life as he
has decided to go the BMW 328 route. (Who wants to bet he'll have another
Alfa Romeo someday?)  I drive the car, everything works and it runs well.
After they decline our offer for lunch, we make the transaction,  they take
some last pictures of the car and go on their way.
Yesterday at our Super Bowl party the S receives nice comments about its
looks and its "like new" condition.  I've got to think unless the engine
blows-up in the near future, I really got lucky this time.  And yes, it will
continue to be garaged.
Thanks to Mark Hillman and his Always Looking For Another site. Without it I
never would have known about Recycler.com.

Rob Granieri
San Ramon, CA