Power Mirror Wiring Question

Alfisti,

I posted this question a little while ago, and didn't get any response,
so I thought I'd try again.

The power mirror switch in my '86 spider veloce didn't seem to be
working properly.  Rather than simply replace, I thought I'd upgrade to
the switch from the later ('91-) spiders, and so I got the switch and
the little interior trim piece that holds all those little switches at
the bottom of the center console (that piece had been broken, too).

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to mate the new switch to the
existing mirrors.  I've gone through the wiring diagram for my '86, and
understand how everything is supposed to work, but I don't know if this
switch can be made to do the same thing.  I'm wondering if the later
mirrors actually work differently.

Does anyone have experience with the power mirror wiring on the '91-94
spiders, or access to a wiring diagram (manual or CarDisk) for these
cars?

I realize this may be a little esoteric, but if anyone out there can
help, I'd sure appreciate it...

TIA.

Hal Taylor
'86 spider veloce "Strega" (currently with non-functioning power
mirrors)
Venice, CA