one less 164

I go to the University of Illinois at Champaign Urbana, and am one of two
alfa owners that live on campus. The other alfista is romanian, and has a
red 164 base in pristine condition. It had impeccable paint, perfect
pinstriping, and only about 50K, with a new clutch.
Friday night, I was driving along the main street through campus and
glanced over to see the street blocked off and his alfa, totalled, in the
middle of the street. His alfa was the victim of a drunk driver, going
about 40 mph. He was stopped about 10 feet behind a bus when he was hit.
The back of the car was crunched, muffler on the ground, and the car had
been pushed into the bus, so the hood was destroyed, and one headlight
out. 3 people injured (minor injuries), and the drunk driver arrested.
I was probably more saddened than the owner. One less beutiful 164 on the
road to boast the beauty of alfa romeo's.

karl
'91 164 L (scared of drunk drivers)