Re: winter alfas

>>The Swedish car makers SAAB and Volvo have everything under the =

bonnet. They should know.<<

On the series 2 33 the water bottle is in the engine bay, and these are
attrocious for freezing up the washer jets. It probably does not help tha=
the pipes have a significient length between the first and second
bulkheads to cool off in. However. I am fairly certain that the biggest
problem is the positioning of the washer jets themselves. On the 33
they a proud of the bodywork and in the airflow. On a 75 they are
protected by being shrouded by the rear edge of the bonnet, and
my 75's were always far less likely to freeze up.

At least the older 33's didnt have headlight washers. On the 75 these
just meant that the water bottle lasted for about a third of the time
and the headlight dirt stayed damp so you could not scrape it off. I just=

disconnected them in the end.

All the best

Keith