Re: alfa-digest V7 #1301

In a message dated 01/26/2000 8:39:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Undoubtedly the sensor has quit.  Looking at the oil on the dip stick tells
 you nothing about the pressure in the system.  Replace the sender with an
 OEM type from a qualified and authorizes Ala provider.  Fred Di Matteo AROC
 Technical Advisor in Fort Myers, Florida. >>

Yes, the senders have a finite life span, though I seem to have better
longevity that seed-in reports.  It's not a huge deal.  There are separate
senders for the oil press. light and for the gauge.  When the one for the
light goes, sometimes oil seeps out around the sender.

My dear wife has always been convinced that there is no difference between
oil pressure and the amount of oil in the case; to her, low oil pressure
means you better see if you're low on oil.  No amount of explaining or
research materials have convinced her otherwise, and I have been trying for
over 30 years.  However, she would believe Fred di if he explained the world
is actually flat after all, so she gets a forwarded copy of his clear and
definitive statement.  Thanks, Fred!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA
oil pressure capital of the world