RE: Another Alfa? Wantitis

>So to everyone, tell us.....what is the longest you've keep a car?
>Average time between purchases? Bought, sold, and bought the same >car over
>and over? The one that you should have NEVER sold? Let's hear
> >someconfessions!
>Mark SmithHill, Utah

Mark,

    I have owned 7 cars now, the longest that I have owned one is about 2
years.  The cars that I have owned and sold after two years are:  83 Spider
Veloce, '85 GTV-6, '86 Spider Veloce, '87 Spider Quadrifoglio.  I don't know
why I had each for two years, it just worked out that way.

I had a Sunbeam Alpine IV for about 8 months and a Volkswagen Corrado for
about 2 months (no more German!!!!)

I currently drive a 1994 164 Q that I will have had for 2 years in March. I
plan on having this car a VERY long time 'cause it is the best damn car I
can imagine owning right now.  It is a blast and is as reliable as any car!

I am now 24 and bought my first Spider (the '83) when I was 16.  I had an
Alfa all through college and never really had any significant problems with
them.  They are not heinously expensive to maintain at all as long as you
take care of them when they need it, and learn how to do some things
yourself.