re: 164 Climate Control

Thank you for your responses regarding my Alfa 164 a/c being too cool. On
inspection of the temp sensor in the overhead console it turned out to be
very dirty. It was covered in a black fluffy gunge! Cleaning has fixed
the problem. The climate control properly sensors temp and mixes the air
to the right temp in auto mode, The problem I have now is that it ices
up. I know the compressor runs all the time, however I believe their is a
sensor that detects icing and shuts off the compressor. I suppose either
it is bypassed or some relay isn't operating properly.

Thanks,
Anthony Toy
Sydney (Kangaroo Valley) Australia
1991 164L and 1971 1750 GTV