Re: a little rant on newbie Alfa buyers and ownership

> From: Fred Sacks <fredsacks@domain.elided>
>
> 45 Big ones.)  There's nothing like putting the foot to the floor
> through a turn, using that perfect balance to your advantage to
> embarrass some hot shot in a German something or other or a Camaro,
> Mustang, take your pick.  Even with proper maintenance, it would be
> tough to get more bang for the buck.  Too bad that my baby was

Alfa Bill, I have to agree with Fred on this :) Sorry.

The truth is that the suspension of milano is quite outdated by
today's standard, but nonetheless the car itself is very well
designed, and still hangs around with the newer big boys just fine.

I am more and more amazed what this little 3 liter can do.
Proofs were the result of willow spring time trials where our
milanos constantly out ran 911s of same era. Zamani's 3 liter,
with mostly stock suspention, did laps in 1:45s using street tires.
That's better than most cars including sports cars and coupes!
I consider myself a below average driver and I did 1:49 with falken tires!
(with help from the Zambri Brothers Racing and Terry Manchester :)

That shows the potential of our cars :)

Even if maint cost is a bit higher than the average hondas/toyotas,
there's nothing comes close to these little gems for the $$.
Don't underestimate our Verde, or even 164L (Which Charlie turned
1:47 in complete stock form! :) :) :)

Bill, time to take Sophia back to the track again! :)

jess
ps, and stock up milano/verde parts, we are hanging in with ours :)