Need help with pre-purchase of 1990 Spider

I have found a 1990 Alfa Romeo Graduate Spider for sale with only 12K miles.
The ad reads as follows:
alfa romeo spider graduate.  It is a 1990 and looks brand new.
It has 12k miles on it, air conditioning, AM/FM cassette, power mirrors,
and a tan interior.  The price is $8500.

Is this price too low?  Should I be weary of something wrong with the car?
What is the difference between the various spider models (graduate, veloce,
and Quad.).  What do the 1990 and older models lack that the newer post 1991
models have?  Any pointers as to what I should look for in a pre-purchase
inspection?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Ken Ross
Kdross@domain.elided