Dead '86 GTV-6 in upstate NY

Based on my experience with both Spiders and GTV-6's I believe you either
have low voltage or a bad sensor in the Bosch system.  You could have a weak
battery that will crank OK but is putting out less than 12 volts.  At this
point the computer seens to shut down.  If this isn't the problem, you
probably have a bad sensor.  If you cannot find an Alfa Shop, I have found
that a garage with a good mechanic trained in the Bosch systems should be
able to diagnose the problem.  I have used a local shop that mostly works on
MBs and they have done a good job for me a couple of times.

Dan Murphy
Belleville, IL
'61 Guilietta Spider
'85 GTV-6