Re: alfa-digest V7 #1289

In a message dated 01/19/2000 9:58:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< '93 Spider. Before the car is warmed up, lately I've been hearing a
 vibration coming from what seems like the timing chain. I mentioned this to
 my mechanic and they thought it was a slightly loose timing chain - when the
 car is warmed up, the sound goes away.

 Interestingly, this did not concern them at all.  >>

Is it especially cold now where you live?  It could be nothing more than
that, especially since as the car warms and the parts expand the rattle goes
away.

"An Alfa is a living thing, Ben Casey!"

Charlie
LA, CA, USA (beautiful and warm today)
84 GTV6
91 Spider

87 Milano SOLD YESTERDAY but not forgotten!