New 69 Berlina + Koni Questions

I've recently purchased a very nice, not rusty, 69 Berlina and I'm going
through the usual PO Blues. The Spica is totally out of wack and of
course there are other mysteries to solve. For you programmers out
there, I find that working on a new used car is very much like maintaing
old code, many curses and backwards engineering.

I crawled under the car to adjust the clutch and was surprised to see
Koni Classic shocks and even more surprised to see that the nut and
washers were missing for both front shocks where they attach to the A
arm. Should that be double nutted or will a lock washer do? And how
tight should both the bottom and top nuts be? I also need to know which
way to turn the shocks to adjust them looser and tighter?

Despite the nifty self oiling feature (leaks) the clutch adjuster nut
was frozen. Can I use a propane torch to free up the adjustor or will
that travel up the shaft and cook the slave cylinder seals?

Anyone have a door hinge pin they'd like to sell?

Mitch Wolberg,
69 Duetto Jr.
69 Berlina