HELP!! GTV6 heater removal

I thought I posted from my PalmPilot last night, but that apparently
didn't come through, so now I'm even more screwed.  I desparately need to
fix the heater fan in my GTV6, but I can't get the blower box out!!  I was
following Mr. Jones Alfetta directions, but to no avail.  I've got the
thing loose, but the core is going to get destroyed because there's
nothing flexible connecting it to the now-loose box, which is still
anchored somehow.  I can't get it in half either--I removed five spring
clips and two nuts, but it won't come apart!! Help me.  I'd rather not
drive tomorrow sans dash/radio/instruments/window control/rear defrost
control etc/

Just my luck, I've got the Alfa disassembled in a garage again when the
fun weather comes!!  I suppose the car loves it, but I came to school in
the '86 Volvo today only to meet a grinning Jake at school who told me
about how he slid all the way to school.  Grr.  But I got to laugh at my
friend Nattie who has ABS on his '83 BMW.  Haha.

Thanks,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6