Re: Cheapo Steering Wheel Hubs

Mister Lava <mistalava@domain.elided> had written

>I've seen only one of these and have the following
>observations:  ...... the hub looked
>like the absolute cheapest casting you can find;

Not to state the obvious, but my reaction after reading about
these failures in aftermarket steering wheel hubs was: how
will these hold up after a few years of actual use?  What
happens if the bolts pull out, or the whole thing just fatigues
and cracks?  Most steering wheels probably get their
toughest duty at low speed, especially in cars like the Alfa
spider non-power
steering - BUT, if a hub should
fail while you're having fun on that mountain road ......
well, we will certainly miss your postings to the digest!

This has been your bummer thought for the day

Jay Mackro