Brake Fluids

Systems which use mineral fluid (Citroen, Rolls Royce, military & earth
moving vehicles to name a few) have rubber components with a different
formulation to that used on component in contact with glycol or silicon
based fluids. Under no circumstances should mineral fluid be used in
place of DOT3, DOT4, or DOT5.1 glycol based or DOT5 silicon based
fluids.

Tony Stevens
Alfa Stop

In message , KDHX@domain.elided writes
>Here's another thought regarding brake fluid.  I was told by an Alfa mechanic
>that mineral oil was the fluid of choice for brake fluid.  He claimed it
>compressed as well as brake fluid, was non toxic, didn't absorb water etc.  I
>was surprised to hear this and suspected that if it was that easy that no one
>would be messing with brake fluid?  Did anyone else ever hear this?
>Tim Malaney
>DuoDuettos
>St. Louis, Mo.

- --
Tony Stevens    http://www.alfastop.co.uk
ALFA STOP, POBox 50, Belper DE56 1AS, UK
Tel: +44 (0)177 382 2000
Fax: +44 (0)177 382 1900