Re: 2000 102 series brake /clutch fluid(s)

John,

Much has been written pro & anti DOT5. DOT5 benefits (long life, no
moisture absorbtion etc) are only enjoyed if the system is 100% DOT5,
with new seals, hoses etc, or as a minimum, cleaned in DOT5, with all
cylinder bores in good condition without scores. I've used DOT5 in an
old Alfa for 10+ years without problem.

You will find much written on the web about DOT5, I'll leave you to make
your own conclusions. It's a bit like politics, everybody believes that
their opinion, & only their opinion, is correct!

Tony

In message <6c.e8dd08.25b0af7e@domain.elided>, JJK1204@domain.elided writes
>In a message dated 1/14/00 10:45:11 AM Central Standard Time,
>tony@domain.elided writes:
>
><< Without starting Fluid Wars on the Digest, a good DOT4, Castrol LMA has
> a strong following, or DOT5 should be fine.
>  >>

>Are you sure that DOT5 is compatible, silicone based?
>
>John Katos

- --
Tony Stevens    http://www.alfastop.co.uk
ALFA STOP, POBox 50, Belper DE56 1AS, UK
Tel: +44 (0)177 382 2000
Fax: +44 (0)177 382 1900