164, spacers

Spacers are required to bolt the front a-arm bushing to the cross member.
Without them the suspension bush housing would be hard up against the
crossmember. Theoretically, one could reduce the thickness of this bush
1-2mm in order to reduce neg camber or add washers to increase neg camber,
although I have never seen a car with this done.

The very late 164's and the 164 supers have spacers between the crossmember
and the body to reduce torque steer. We added these spacers to my car and it
does improve the steering significantly.

Returning to David Nolan's original issue, I suspect that something is wrong
with the front end (eg worn bushes) to create the difference in camber from
side to side.

Doug Gould
91 164