RE:

> When I changed shocks on my 82 Spider, I did not need any spring
compressors.
> Just using a jack to lower the rear trailing arm will allow the spring to
come
> out, and the shock may be installed. You will have to undo the bolts
holding
> the trailing arm to the frame. I forget whether it was the front or rear
bolts
> that get removed; probably the fronts.

You don't need to undo the trailing arm to change the rear shocks in a
Spider.

Undo the bottom of the shock, put the convertible top up, undo the center
part of the leather cover at the rear of the passenger compartment, remove
the two shock tower covers, and undo the shock towers from the top.  The
shocks come out through the top access holes, no need to dink around with
the trailing arms at all.

Fwiw,

bs