164 Ski machine?

After checking the 4pm report yesterday it was decided in a nanosecond that
I needed to head to the hill.  Current conditions at Alpental: 27 degrees,
snowing, 16" of new!  After scooping my ski partner, we head up I-90 stoked
for a great night.  Snow flurries danced in the headlights for the next
20min.  Oh darn, what do we have here?  Someone decided to take their SUV
for a few barrel rolls in the median, great job folks, you look cold out
there talking to the State Patrol.  100yds later, here's another rollover,
surprise it's an SUV!  Up the pass about another mile we see yet another SUV
on it's top!

Finally (well, just 45min from Seattle) we get to the parking lot and head
for the lodge, gear up and go ski for 4 hours.  We get back to the car and
the cover for the trunk lock is frozen.  I managed to get it open, dump our
bags in there, slide the skis through the ski-soc and unlock the doors.
Hmm, lock won't budge.  So I heat the key up (don't ask) and get the lock to
turn, only the front doors won't unlock.  Several attempts with no positive
results later, we climb over the seats from the back (watch the leather!).
The passenger door finally unlocked and opened, but mine would not.  After
nearly driving all the way down the pass (and seeing a fourth SUV rollover),
I pulled over to return some fluids back to nature, door still won't open.
Climb out the passenger side.  I went over to my door, and tried the lock
again with the key.  It took some wiggling of the key while turning to
unlock my door.

Do I just need to give everything a good cleaning & lube?  I haven't greased
the lock mechanisms & stuff since the summer.  Anyone else have this
problem?

All in all though the 164 is great in the snow (except for my worn Blizzaks)
and will get you to your destination with greater ease than a 'safe' SUV.

Thanks as always,
Zach
Redmond, WA - snow on the ground & forecasting for a bit more
'91 164S
'76 Alfetta GT & related parts for sale - cheap!