164 Rear Defogger/Defroster

The fuse for the 164 Rear Defogger/Defroster is 30 amp and located near the
battery. The independent fuse holder does not stand up well to the high
amperage and in my car melted before the fuse blew. (Actually it never did
blow.) Rather than replace the fuse holder and run the risk of it also
melting I replaced it with a 30 amp circuit breaker. A 30 amp circuit
breaker with posts is also an easier installation than a new fuse holder.
Ted Siverns, Vancouver, BC, 1991 164S