RE: Spider: Light switch relay

Chris Keen wrote:
>> I was going to install the relays to protect the headlight
column switch, and Rich Hirsch's instructions mention something
about a junction box. Unless this is the same thing as a fuse
box, I don't see one of those on my car. The diagram shows
wiring going straight from the switch to the fusebox, and then
out to the headlights. <<

The article describes intalling the relays in a Duetto. The Duetto
has an intermediate box containing connectors between the fusebox
and column switch that can be tapped into. Later Spiders do not
have this intermediate box. When I installed relays in my '78 =

Spider I simply cut the wires. IMHO it's undesireable to cut
wires in a Duetto, where originality is important. It is less
important to refrain from cutting wires in a 2000 Spider.

To add the relays to a 2000 Spider, cut and splice the wires.
The wire colors remain the same as do the principles.

Good Luck,

Rich Hirsch
'87 Milano
'78 Spider