Is this lunacy on my part?

As discussed a few months back, I am in the hunt for a GTV, in the 2000
flavor. I am/was somewhat flexible on various items related to condition,
but the only thing that was/is an absolute MUST is air conditioning.

Being in the Miami area where the temperature and humidity both hover
regularly in the mid80s in the WINTER, this is, sadly a deal-breaking
requirement. (My dear wife, when apprised of my plans to reAlfa the
household, didn't warn of buying rust bucket or anything like that, she just
said "Make sure THIS one has a/c!")

To date, I have only found ONE '72-'74 GTV with a/c, regardless of
condition, SO...

Assuming I find a stunning, yet a/c-less example, how hard is it to retrofit
a/c to a GTV? (A little checkbook mechanic work is OK) Would I have my
choice of a/c, or just that which found its way to the '72-'74 GTV?
(Ideally, if I were compelled to retrofit a/c to such a car, I'd like to use
the "tropic-air" a/c which I BELIEVE (corrections? anyone?) is the Mack
Daddy Alfa a/c.

TIA,

- -Joe in reasonably sunny SoFla, currently between Alfae but searching